eXcellon Technologies Inc. has grown from a two-person engineering firm to a present day workforce of sixty plus associates.
The products produced at our 1105 Sherman Blvd. (27,000 square foot) plant location include: hall-effect speed and position sensing assemblies, aerospace engine control thermal sensing cable assemblies and junctions, defense communication/power cable assemblies, bi-metal electro-mechanical assemblies and cable over molding. Our manufacturing operations have vertically integrated to include automated wire preparation, insert molding and horizontal injection molding, and 3D printing capabilities for prototyping and component design validation.
New product lines began in 2010 with the acquisition of the 1/4hp to 1hp GE legacy DC Motors & Tachometers and are produced at our Fort Wayne, former International Harvester (30,000 square foot) plant location.
Customer base includes: Exelis, Undersea Sensor Systems – USSI, BAE Systems, Kinetek/Advanced Motors, White Manufacturing, G.E., Wabtec, New York City Transit, Toronto Transit, and many more.
Our vision has captured the attention and support of many including the City of Fort Wayne, Old National Bank, and The Economic Development Alliance.
- 2001: eXcellon Technologies files for incorporations
- 2002: Receives Business Expansion Award
- 2004: Greater Fort Wayne (Chamber of Commerce) Small Business of the Year
- 2005: Mfg. Bus. of the Year finalist by BKD, LLP & Indiana Business Magazine
- 2007: INC magazine’s 100 fastest growing inner city companies list in the US
- 2008: INC magazine’s 100 fastest growing inner city companies list in the US
- 2009: Becomes a Certified Women-Owned Business
-- INC magazine’s 100 fastest growing inner city companies list in the US
-- Finalist for the Economic Business Alliance Swagger award for investing in and promoting inner-city growth.
- 2011: eXcellon Technologies is purchased by Jill and Claude Sparks
--Claude and Jill live to serve Christ, their company, their community, and their family. Jill is experienced in administrative operations and Human Resources while Claude serves as a visionary with expertise in manufacturing. Together they believe that eXcellon Technologies Inc. will have the potential for 40+ years of life with:
--Products engineered and assembled in the USA
--Diversifications to include new manufacturing of products that make a difference in people’s lives.
--Succession planning & execution.
- 2014: Claude’s vision has thrived since 2011 and the future of the company is secured for generations to come because of it.
--The purpose and reason behind the vision is because Jill and Claude understand the fragility of life, and that things do not have lasting effect from just coasting, but by effective planning for future generations.
--In November of 2014 Claude passed into glory.
--Jill and the entire team, even while experiencing grief, continue the vision and succession execution that was laid in place starting in 2011.
- 2015: Two new products will be introduced and sold in the marketplace in the second quarter. Both were derived from think tanks and are part of many future diversifications. A storefront will be opened at the Sherman Blvd. facility.
Our vision has captured the attention and support from the City of Fort Wayne, Old National Bank, and The Economic Development Alliance.